1. Total number of books owned?
Hmm. I had over 1000 aged 14, and although the rate of increase has slacked off since then, it's definitely not become negative. I'm going to be in big trouble when my parents move
2. The last book I bought?
Err, can't remember. Probably the book I've just finished reading
3. The last book I read?
I finished Going Postal (by Terry Pratchett) last night. But I'm also just about to finish Michael Frayn's second book of newspaper columns, which I've been reading in a dippy way for ages now.
4. Five books that mean a lot to me?
1. Duncton Wood, by William Horwood (and the rest of the series)
2. Small Gods, by Terry Pratchett
How is it I can think of so many books that I love, and yet not 5 books that I love? Here are some random books that I love, but that I can't for the life of me work out if I like more than other books
3. The Liar, by Stephen Fry (because it's like having a little bit of Queens' with me)
4. Alanna, by Tamora Pierce
5. Stardust, by Neil Gaimann.
What a tacky list. Well, I'd be the first to say that modern books can be just as good as old books. But I will protest that I love Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights, and most things by Thomas Hardy too. And lots of other stuff
5. Tag five people and have them fill this out on their ljs:
Hmmm, if you've done it already just give me a link ;-)