Am now the proud owner of a Dress of Joy. Hadn't really thought about what I was going to do with it though. So, friends of LJ, help me out!
Current ideas I have...
1) Save it carefully until the not-Histories, and beg the_alchemist to cast you as someone who can wear it.
2) Have an Elizabethan dinner party with Elizabethan food and Elizabethan costume (NB, may not be able to sit down in dress...)
3) Have a fancy dress party
4) Hire the black Elizabethan costume that M was wearing at the party just before we started going out, and organise a romantic evening for the two of you
5) Go to a May Ball in it :)
5a) Go to the Playford Ball in it. Dancing in said dress will be interesting. I think, like most people, cobalt_skye has a couple of inches on me in the height department.
6) Organise a readthrough where I can cast myself as a charactor in a stunning black elizabethan dress (any suggestions of what?)
7) Find a Genuine Play, CULES or otherwise, that needs a charactor in a stunning black elizabethan dress.
8) Just wear it into the Whittle lab, they all think I'm mad already.
If you have other ideas, or are planning an event at which you would like an atreic in a stunning black elizabethan dress, or would like to be invited to any of the above events if they did happen, leave me a comment!